Come to Mexico With Us!
Help at the Children's Home. Local and Village Outreaches.
Melody at the Children's Home.
We take groups to the Josiah and Bethany Children's Home at least twice a year. Our Reynosa trips are usually planned around Easter and Christmas when most of you have some extra time off. We would love it if you to joined us! You can even bring your whole family too!
Every Easter and Christmas
EASTER DATES: TBD 2015
CHRISTMAS DATES: DECEMBER 16-20th, 2014
You Can Make A Positive Difference!!
The Mexico Outreach is an opportunity to do just that. People from across the USA will come together for a week of hands on mission's work in Reynosa, Mexico.
Lots Of Ministry Opportunities!
Each person will have a chance to serve, whether in public ministry or behind the scenes, according to their gifts and comfort level. Ministry opportunities include: outdoor rallies, door to door evangelism, care ministry and relationship building with the children of the Josiah and Bethany Children's Home.
There are also opportunities to do prison ministry, food and clothing distribution, local church ministry, plus an optional trip downtown to shop at the Reynosa Market. Melody tells everyone who bakes to buy some Mexican made Cinnamon and Vanilla because, "It tastes better than anything you can get in the states!"
You Can Bring Some
Gifts With You!
There is always an ongoing need for beans and rice, children's clothing (socks, underwear and shoes) Spanish Bibles, medicine, hygiene products and toys (new or in great shape). Be sure to bring a few items in your luggage, you'll be glad you did when you see the big blessing these small item are for others!
Mexico Outreach Details:
1. Inoculations are NOT required.
2. Each person is required to have a Passport to participate, this includes all children.
3. Must be 16 years of age or older, under 18 must have parental consent form filled out by parents.
4. Per person cost includes lunch and dinner meals, plus hotel room, and ministry expenses.
5. Travel cost is the responsibility of each group or individual.
6. Bring some spending money for quick breakfast foods and snacks, bottled water, and hand sanitizer.
7. Continental and American Airlines, as well as Greyhound Bus Lines service McAllen, Texas.
8. If you drive you may park in a secure location at the Calvary Commission Missions Center in Hidalgo, Texas just across the border form Reynosa.
9. While you are in Reynosa, Mexico you will be staying at the Josiah and Bethany Children's Home.
As with any out of country travel there is always some level of risk. LDM wanted you to be aware that the US State Department has issued a warning against non-essential travel in the state of Tamaulipas, which is where Reynosa is located in Mexico.
The Josiah and Bethany Children’s Home is located very close to the border crossing (10 minutes in) and is an enclosed property. Here is a message from the director of the home, Joe Fauss of Calvary Commission:
“We are sleeping and eating only at the enclosed church property. We are involved in evangelism only in places that our local pastor considers safe. For instance, we will spend two days in an area near the dump, which has never had conflicts and is located near our church and orphanage. We are able to spend quality time with our children at the Josiah and Bethany Children’s Home and families at the church. We understand that risk can be a real factor and should be considered but we are endeavoring to be wise in our decisions.” Joe Fauss
For info from the US State Department website: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html
(price subject to change)
Deposit w/application 25.00 non-refundable
Families Receive a Discount Price:
Ages 13 and up
Ages 3 and under may come at no extra charge.
*$25 deposit due by 3/10/2014 or 12/05/2014*
To receive an application, fill out the following information: